[OT] Learning PERL

Hi,
   I know this is slightly off-topic but it's definitely related to
virtually all Un*xen I've ever come across. I have a colleague who has
never used a *real* OS but now as part of his job he has to. A few times
I've come across him doing things like find/replace over and over in nedit
to change every occurrence of fred for wilma for example. I've quickly
shown him how to PERL it on those occasions. He's finally starting to get
it and has asked me if I know of a good book for learning PERL for a
complete beginner - I let him borrow my Camel (Programming PERL to those
who don't know) but it's too hard for him - no prior programming
experience.

Can anyone recommend a book (or even better, and online tutorial set) for
this guy to learn basic PERL from. You know simple reg-ex's and the like?

Thanks for the help,
Kevin

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on +44 (0)1980 612100.  Please also destroy or delete the message from your computer.