Re: apt-get --compile source gcc-2.95: test suite failures

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 06:22:11AM +0800, csj@mindgate.net wrote:
> Missing dependencies perhaps? Maybe you should do as root first:
> apt-get build-dep gcc-2.95 [or whatever your version's packages
> is called? For my part I use apt-get only to download the source,
> and either dpkg-buildpackage or debuild -options to build.

Thanks, obviously it's not normal (as I suspected)... Tried the
build-dep, but it did nothing - ie. gave 0 for all its removed,
newly-installed, upgraded etc. So I reinstalled everything mentioned
in the list of build dependencies, and libc6, libc6-dev, libstdc++,
libstdc++-dev, make and the existing gcc-2.95 for good measure. We
shall see...

Pigeon