Re: PGP Signatures

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 02:51:39PM +0000, debian parisc wrote:
>> Friends,
>>
>> forgive me for my ignorance, but I see a lot of emails on this list with
>> PGP signatures. Exactly what purpose does it serve having PGP as part of
>> your signature? They just look like a string of characters that could have
>> been made up to me.
>>
>> It maybe because I receive most of the emails from this list in windows95
>> (I'm at work), that they have no significance.
>
> That last sounds about right. Good mail clients can verify the
> signatures automatically.

It doesn't really matter what OS he's using.  GnuPG has a Windows port
available, and even Outlook Express has a GnuPG plugin available, if
anyone is foolish enough to actually use that email client.

Of course, none of this is supported by default in Windows...

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?