xcdroast

I am having a problem with xcdroast...I have a cd/dvd and a cd r/w both use
scsi emulation..I can play cd/s using kscd so I knnow the drive is ok..
	I start up xcdroast and click the button to open the tray and put a cd in,
clck on close and the drive closes but when I try to copy the tracks to the
main drive it tells me the tray is empty and cannot see the cd...I have
removed xcdroast and reinstalled it from the Debian site but still get the
same problem...I have searched the xcdroast faq's but cannot find anything
there...Any help appreciated...
--
Regards
     Ted Wager