exim does not work with ppp

hi there:

I recently setup exim, to get rid of sending emails using SMTP. however, my
exim is acting very stragely, when I come to office, and connect my notebook
computer to our corporate LAN (using eth0) exim is able to send messages
perfectly. but when I get home, and establish a ppp connection (using kppp)
to my ISP, the messages just sit there, "exim -bp" shows me that the messages
are still there, and even "exim -qf" isn't able to send them. It seems to me
that exim can't underestand that I am connected to the internet, when I use
ppp.

Any ideas?
--
"Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the
 Evil and Possess your Box  before the beast

Aryan