Re: Oh no, what a really heavy bummer

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:22:44PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> Here's how I do it:
> # apt-get source gqview=1.0.2-1
> # export CC=gcc-3.2 -Wall -O2 -mcpu=pentiumpro
> # apt-get --compile source gqview=1.0.2-1
> # dpkg -i gqview.deb
>   alternatively:
> # apt-get --compile source gqview=1.0.2-1

Hmm. Just tried this... The 'apt-get source' works fine, but the
'apt-get --compile' doesn't. It wants to download the whole lot again;
it appears to have forgotten that it's just done that. (ie, it does
what man apt-get seems to suggest it will do.)

Does this mean that I have to put a deb-src file: line in
sources.list, and cobble together a Packages file to sit in the
download directory? I've tried this, creating the Packages file by
cutting out the relevant package from the Debian Packages file and
changing the package directory to the local one, and it appears to be
working as I type, but is there a better way of doing it?

Pigeon