Re: home lan, modem sharing, etc.

This one time, at band camp, Vikki Roemer said:
> Oh, ok.  Now I just have to find out how to set up connection
> sharing.  That does sound familiar, though.  Hmm...

Google is your friend - plenty of examples are out there.  When you get
stuck, write back.  iptables in particular makes it easy.

<snip>

> BTW, is there a way to get nmbd to listen on eth0 *only*?  At the
> moment, it insists on listening on both eth0's address and on all
> interfaces.

in smb.conf:
[global]
    interfaces = eth1 192.168.0.1/24
    bind interfaces only = Yes

Usual manpages for details.  You can specify IP (single or range) or
interface.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | I bet the human brain is a kludge.   -- |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Marvin Minsky                           |