Nvidia problem ?

Welcome

I have the following problem, I have transmitted from Slackware to Debian.
I have problem with quake 3, I have installed drivers nvidia everything
works well but when I start quake I can see the game only in a small part
no on a full screan.While trying to change resolution it is rejected
----- Initializing Renderer ----
-------------------------------
----- R_Init -----
...setting mode 4: 800 600
Using XFree86-VidModeExtension Version 2.1
XF86DGA Mouse (Version 2.0) initialized
XFree86-VidModeExtension Activated at 1024x768
Using 4/4/4 Color bits, 16 depth, 0 stencil display.
Received signal 11, exiting...
DOUBLE SIGNAL FAULT: Received signal 11, exiting...
Shutdown tty console

I add that during the test on wolfenstine there is no problem.
Where is the fault.