Printing to Lantronix EPS1 via LPD

I'm trying to configure a new Debian (v3.0r1) server to print to an HP Laserjet 4 connected to my home network via a Lantronix EPS1. I have the following in /etc/printcap:

joyce|lj4:\
     :rm=joyce:\
     :sd=/var/spool/lpd/joyce:\
     :af=/var/log/lp-acct:\
     :lf=/var/log/lp-errs:\
     :pl#66:\
     :pw#80:\
     :mx#0:\
     :sh:

I can ping and telnet to "joyce," the Lantronix box, from my Debian machine. I can send a job to lpr, e.g. 'echo "testing" | lpr -P joyce', and it gets queued up, but just sits there. 'lpc status' says

joyce:
     queuing is enabled
     printing is enabled
     1 entry in spool area
     waiting for queue to be enabled on joyce

I can print to this printer from a Windows XP machine, so I think the spooler and printer are working. Just that the Debian box is missing some bit of information. Thanks very much for any help!

Hope you have a very nice day, :-)
Tim Ayers (tayers@quaday.com)