Re: cdrecord

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:27:06PM -0800, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> Trying to figure out how to record a CD using cdrecord with a Ricoh
> MP6200A CD Burner.
>
> Here is what I have been able to do.
>
> First thing I do before each session is erase the cd with the following
> command:
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 blank=all
> I believe this works as there are no errors, at least.
>
> But to burn I have tried the following commands with no luck with any of
> them.
>
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -data /directory/
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -data /directory/*
> cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -data /directory/file.txt

I'm fairly sure these three are guaranteed to fail.

> mkisofs -R /directory/ | cdrecord speed=2 dev=0,0,0 tsize=960s -

Does your drive need the tsize parameter?  Have you set it correctly?

The failure mode of the first three and final command will be entirely
different, could you better define 'no luck'?

> I just need to save files from a specific directory to a CD that will be
> readable for Windows clients.

mkisofs -R -J /dir|cdrecord dev=X,Y,Z -v -

with any reasonable CD burner should burn a disk that can be read on
both Unix and Windows systems quite comfortably.

-rob