Re: Cdrecord and audio cd

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:15:44PM +0530, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> Is there something that I have missed while creating an audio cd? Why
> does not linux sense the audio cd, while both doze and regular cd
> players do? Have I missed some module/switch/incantaion that needs to be
> loaded/given/chanted?

The first thing I do when I've got a weird/damaged/odd CD is let
cdparanoia have a go at it.  If it can't read it, you've got serious
issues.

That said, what do you mean it can't sense it?  Does the aforementioned
cdparanoia rip it?  Can it detect it at least?  Does the disk spin up?
Does the access light come on?  Does the kernel complain about it?

-rob