Cdrecord and audio cd

A friend of mine gave me an audio cd which was burnt in a studio after
some editing, etc. He wanted to make a couple of copies. I could not rip
it using cdparanoia as linux refused to sense the cd. I suspected the
studio which might have used some win s/w to write it, thus making it
unreadable under linux. I was proved wrong when the same could be played
on a regular cd player.

I decided to burn the cd under linux using cdrecord which I thought
would solve this problem. As I could not rip it, I played it on my cd
player and recorded the output. The output file is as:

$ file om_namo.wav
om_namo.wav: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft PCM, 16
bit, stereo 44100 Hz

Using cdrecord I burnt an audio cd from the wav files using the following
command:

  cdrecord -v -speed=6 -dev=0,1,0 -audio -pad *.wav

The resulting cd is not sensed under linux! Neither xmms nor gtcd sense
the cd. I tried it under windows and it played there without any
problems. I just popped the cd into my standalone cd player. It plays
without any complaints.

Is there something that I have missed while creating an audio cd? Why
does not linux sense the audio cd, while both doze and regular cd
players do? Have I missed some module/switch/incantaion that needs to be
loaded/given/chanted?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his age,
and his wife most often reminds him to act it.
		-- Webster's Unafraid Dictionary