Re: Trouble with Permissions after move to new hard drive.

This one time, at band camp, Rusty Minden said:
> OK I did a real dump thing. I moved a friends computer files to a
> new hard drive with a different partitioning setup. As root
> everything seems to work, but as a user I can not log into an X
> session I get a flicker then back out to kdm. I probably messed
> up a permission when using the cp -a command. Any ideas as to
> were to start.
>
> Rusty Minden

Look at the permissions on /tmp - they should be:
drwxrwxrwt    8 root     root         1024 2003-01-29 01:36 /tmp/

|  Stephen Gran                  | Confucius say too much.   -- Recent     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Chinese Proverb                         |