Re: Missing a PERL module called 'concat'

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:54:20PM -0600, Keith Steensma wrote:
> I've installed a very minimum Debian 'testing' system.
>
> I trying to run a perl script that uses a 'concat' function.  I can't
> find it as a built-in function of the language nor can I find it in the
> Debian packages list.
>
> The error is -
> Undefined subroutine &main::concat called at ./mbox2maildir.pl line 31.
>
> I've tried to form it into 'libmain-concat-perl' and various other
> wording combinations (for the Debian package search).  I tried another
> script that does the same thing, but I got the same type of error (no
> 'concat').  Neither script homepages have any mention of 'something
> special' so I assume that it a 'standard' in other distributions (but
> not Debian).
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?  Keith

Are you trying to concatenate two strings?  If so, perl uses the "."
operator:

$x = "foo";
$y = "bar";
$z = $x . $y;  # $z now equals "foobar"

Often you can avoid using the . operator because Perl will expand
variables inside double-quoted strings:

$w = "$x$y";   # $w now equals "foobar"

Walt