Re: I810 video problems

hiya

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Cory Rudder wrote:

> I have a problem with X on my computer. I have an intel i810 board, with
> debian 3.0r1 , and xfree86 4.1.0.
> when I start X it tries to work then the server crashes. The error is
> "modprobe: Can't locate module "i810"" \n [drm] failed to load kernel module
> "i810". Modprobe doesn't locate i810 or agpgart , but /dev/agpgart does
> exist with 777 permissions ( i found a post about a permissions issue so I
> set it that way temporarily.
> Is this a know issue? Where can I find more about loadable modules? And Has
> anyone else made this work? I have looked through the list archives and most
> of the document resources on the debian site, perhaps I am looking in the
> wrong place?

humm...an oldie... :-)

if i remember correctlty, the kernel also has i810 and agpgart options
that you probably wanna enable

otherwise, you might also want to try the older X server ( XFCom-i810 )
for the i810 chipset

more i810 help/hint stuff
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/MotherBoard/Intel.X11.Patch.uhow2.txt

c ya