Re: No audio from cd-rom

tis 2003-01-28 klockan 13.42 skrev tom-werk@abwaerts.be:
> Hi,
> If the disc is spinning, and you're player is, ehm, playing, but you
> don't hear the music, chances are you just don't have a cable connecting
> your CD-player to your soundcard. MS Windows doesn't need such a cable,
> but Linux does (although there must be workarounds available, I'd say).

I've been running Linux on this box for years now without any problems
playing or ripping from this very cdrom. No changes have been made with
cables or anything so this is specific for this Debian install.

> If grip doesn't sense your CD, you should check if you point it to the
> right direction. Is it a simulated SCSI-device? Go for /dev/scd0, /dev/sg0
> or whatever SCSI should have. If not, /dev/hdb or /dev/hdc should do
> just fine.

I've checked all variations, the reader is /dev/cdrom symlink --> hdc.
Burner /etc/scd0 is not connected to the soundcard.

In /etc/modules I got:
options ide-cd ignore=hdd
ide-scsi

In /etc/lilo.conf
append="hdd=ide-scsi"

> Anyway, I have the peculiar feeling I'm not helping you at all with the
> above gibberish. Still, it's all I know, so if things doesn't work out
> after checking all that stuff, I'm afraid I can't help you.
>
> BTW, do you manage to play other CD's correctly?
Data cd's works fine but no audio...:-(

Thank's for your effort.

Cheers,
Helgi Örn