Re: Backup Consensus?

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:47, will trillich wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 11:03:47PM +1100, bob parker wrote:
> > FWIW I first of all dump my postgres databases into $HOME, then make a
> > list of my installed (debian) packages, also in $HOME.
> >
> > I then backup $HOME excluding browser cache files, /etc and /usr/local.
> >
> > My idea is that after a disaster I'd make a minimum debian install,
> > restore $HOME, /usr/local. After that I'd reinstall my packages from the
> > list I gathered and then selectively restore /etc to get my configs back
> > the way I had them.
>
> sounds like a reasonable plan. got a script or two you'd care to
> share? :)

Sure I do it's 1 script, invoked with different parameters from my crontab,
and 1 script to do the burn.

Sunday 06:15 full backup on a new cdr in muti-session mode.
Mon-Fri 06:15 - incremental backup, continue multi-session.
Sat 06:15 - incremental backup, finalise the cdr.

The scripts are 19.2 k in total not zipped. Shouls I deliver to list or
offlist?

Regards
Bob