Re: Swap and ext3 (was: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3 do I do it to swap ???)

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 02:51, Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Well, technically you can after a fashion.  You can make a swap file on
> the current file system which could be ext3.  In fact I've done just that
> with swapd.  Question is what effects do a journalling file system have on
> swap files?

According to what a prof. said, swapspace should be placed outside any
filesystems since that filesystem would add to the already gigantic overhead
the disk produces by adding a layer of indirection (look up the file,
reposition the head, start reading swap).

--
Got Backup?