Re: Fwd: setting up mysql-server

Ray said:
> -- this is a resend, its been over an hour, and the 1st hasn't shown up on
>  the list yet. i'm assuming my mail server dropped it --

it came through :) most likely afteraffects from the worm ..

> i seem to be missing part of the setup on this.  i can't remotely connect
> to mysqld and it seems to have the TCP port disabled, but the config files
> seem to say it should be using the default tcp port.

I remember comming accross this, I think there is another option further
down in the config file

skip-networking

try commenting that out and restarting mysql. I reccomend binding mysql
to localhost(see docs on how to do this) and use something like stunnel
to encrypt remote connections to the database.

nate