Re: error on root filesystem DEBIAN WON'T BOOT URGENT

Hi

I would boot from the cd/floppy in rescue mode (not from the kernel on
the hard-disk) and then run fsck on each ext2/3 partition. hopefully it
will be able to fix all the errors.
This happens from time to time when you use non-journalistic file
system. you should consider using reiserfs/xfs/jfs etc... (I personally
don't like ext3).

Bye