Re: locale and localedef

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 12:11:03AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> That's a relief that you did get a solution - I'm still trying to track
> down why the file wouldn't have been where it should be. Given that it
> is Sid, I'd suspect that this is one of the libc6 problems still keeping
> it and all depending on it from being put into Sarge. Locales are
> specific to each libc6 release (at least thus far - dunno if there is
> effort and/or progress in allowing locales to be independent.) But
> looking at the file dates, and there are some that obviously weren't
> regenerated in the more recent libc6 update - I am at 2.3.1-9 here.

Most of that made sense. I remember upgrading libc6 for something
recently, it may have been locales, but I can't remember now. If you think
it will help someone somewhere let me know and I can look through my notes
to see if I wrote it down.

emma <-- if you can't get something to work hit google harder until you
figure it out.

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]