mount: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

My ftp-server consists of a Redhat server with 4 nodes, two of which
are debian based.

After hard disk problems on one of the debian nodes which caused the
load average on the main server to rise because of nfs-devices not
being available I rebooted the Redhat server after uncommenting the
problem devices in /etc/fstab.  (I find it impossible to just umount
such a problem device.)

Now, after the hard disk problem has been corrected, I can not get the
volumes on the two Debian (Woody on Sparc an Woody(2.2 kernel) on
Intel (2.4.19 kernel)) to mount on the main server.

The error in the subject line is the result of any effort to mount
them.  I have restarted the /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server on both
nodes and /etc/init.d/nfs on the Redhat Server.

Any idea on how to get this corrected?  The system has worked without
serious problems for about 18 months now.

Regards.
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD;
      though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white
      as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall
      be as wool."                     Isaiah 1:18