Re: devfs newbie questions about mounting

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 00:09, Jerome Acks Jr wrote:

> devfsd creates symlinks from old device names to devfs device names.
> /dev/hda1 will be a symlink to ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1. Your
> /dev/cdrom will be a symlink to /dev/cdroms/cdrom0.
>
> So "mount /dev/fd0 /floppy" will still work, or you could mount the device
> with "mount /dev/floppy/0 /floppy".

Jerome - thanks.  You're certainly right that /dev/floppy still works ...
I didn't try that.  What I _did_ try was

mount /dev/scd0 /cdrom

and that still fails. I still have scsi emulation and the like setup so
I guess perhaps at least THAT little bit has changed.  Perhaps it's
using sr or sg or one of the other scsi alphabet soup assignments.

Thanks again.
--
Dave W <nospam2@starband.net>