devfs newbie questions about mounting

I've been messing around with devfs in sid, trying to learn my way
around, since this may be the way of the future ... and although
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun0/cd makes good SENSE and is pretty easy
to figure out, it's not so quick to type when mounting by hand.  I'm
used to more or less ignoring the fstab and mounting the old way, like
"mount /dev/fd0 /floppy <enter>."  Takes about two seconds, and it's
done.

Outside of starting to use fstab, is there a better/faster way to mount
things using the command line, with devfs?

TIA--
--
Dave W <nospam2@starband.net>