Re: Mailman problems

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 03:48:23AM +0000, Ed Lawson wrote:
| I am running a server using woody with Exim as MTA and am having
| troubles getting mailman to function.  The web interface works and
| subscriptions via it all seem to work.  However subscriptions by email
| do not and the lists do not work in that mail is never sent out.  An
| attempt to subscribe by email resulted in this error message:
|
| >A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
| >recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
| >
| > pipe to |var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd qrp
| >   generated by qrp-request@domain removed
| >   "var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper" command not found for address_pipe
| >   transport

Does that file exist if you prepend a '/' to it?  If so, then simply
make the path absolute.

| I am also getting this in cron notice:
|
| >2003-01-25 21:53:01 18cYtT-00087S-00 Neither the system_aliases director
| >nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
| >|var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd qrp
|
| uncommented the use=list line in the Exim .conf file as mentioned in the
                    ^^
| readme.

That line should be user=list
                      ^^^
Where did you uncomment that line?  You need to have that line on the
system_aliases director.

HTH,
-D

--
"640K ought to be enough for anybody" -Bill Gates, 1981

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/