Re: cdrecord and BIG DISKS - Might help someone

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 23:30, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 10:43:35PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Where did you get 900MiB CD-Rs?
>
> Buy them in a store. ^_^  You can get 90 minute and 99 minute discs now.

Silly comments from the Peanut Gallery are *not* appreciated this late
at night...

> The 90's usually work in most drives that you can get to do overburn, but
> the 99's are VERY twitchy because not only do they use the run-out area,
> but the spiral is tighter.

Then I think I'll stick w/ disks that follow the standards.  That's
what Linux is all about, anyway, right?

Besides, when I have more than 700MB to burn, I use That Which One Is
Supposed To Use In This Situation: split(1)!

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |