Re: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3

* Steve Lamb (grey@dmiyu.org) [030125 09:53]:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 09:08:50 +0000
> Dave Selby <dave_arahan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > touch /forcefsck ????
>
> > touch changes the file timestamps ? I cant find a reference to forcefsck in
> > its man or info pages. Is it a switch of some kind ?
>
> > I can understand doing a fsck, but this command sequence has thrown me !!
>
> > Can anyone shed light ??
>
>     There is a script that looks for that file and if it finds it runs fsck to
> check the partitions.  Personally I just use the -F switch on shutdown.

from shutdown(8):

       The -F flag means ‘force fsck’.  This only cre‐
       ates  an  advisory file /forcefsck which can be
       tested by the system when it  comes  up  again.
       The  boot  rc  file  can  test  if this file is
       present, and decide to run fsck(1) with a  spe‐
       cial   ‘force’   flag  so  that  even  properly
       unmounted filesystems get checked.  After that,
       the boot process should remove /forcefsck.

... just FYI =)

good times,
Vineet

--