Re: Newbie question: compiling specific 3com NIC drivers

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:44:15PM +0100, Edwin wrote:
> <snip>
> >>
> >>Thanks for any help you can offer,
> >>
> >>Edwin
> >

> >Have you got kernel-headers-2.2.20 installed? I've had stuff like this
> >from broken kernel-headers installations.
> >
> >Pigeon
> >

> I've tried Google to find out what kernal-headers are, it didnt help
> much :/ Could you explain a bit more what these are or how to apt-get
> install them?
>
> Edwin

apt-get install kernel-headers-<kernelversion>-<flavour>

Use the Debian website packages search page to find out suitable
values for flavour (pick what best matches your machine). You want
2.2.20 for kernelversion, of course.

kernel-headers are the C header files for kernel source code; if you
have the kernel source installed, instead of the kernel-headers
package all you need is a symbolic link pointing to the kernel source
tree.

Pigeon