Re: Some myths regarding apt pinning

Are you really sure that setting the priorities of stable, testing and
unstable to 900, 800 and 700, respectively, we would be able to have a
mixed system? IMHO, with this configuration, and entries for stable,
testing and unstable in sources.list, if a dist-upgrade is run then apt
will update every current installed package to the lastest version (if
avaiable) in unstable. To be stick on stable we should set priority to
some value greater than 1000, but on the other hand in this case we
couldn't upgrade unstable packages installed using -t. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Bruno.

--
Bruno Diniz de Paula <diniz@cs.rutgers.edu>