Re: tune2fs ext2 -> ext3

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 09:08:50AM +0000, Dave Selby wrote:
> Im planning to turn my ext2 to an ext3 .... after a system crash due to a
> winmodem driver running with dependency problems ..
>
> OK I get the bit about
>
> tune2fs -j /dev/hda2
>
> I dont get the bit about
>
> touch /forcefsck ????
>
> touch changes the file timestamps ?

It also creates the file if it doesn't exist, which is the relevant
action in this case.

> I cant find a reference to forcefsck in its man or info pages. Is it a
> switch of some kind ?

It causes /etc/rcS.d/S30checkfs.sh to tell fsck to run a full check even
if the filesystem seems clean.

Frankly I wouldn't bother with that second step. I've never needed it
for any of the filesystems I've converted to ext3.

Cheers,