SOLVED - Re: Activate SoundBlaster IDE interface

On Friday 24 January 2003 17:14, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Friday 24 January 2003 15:26, Ronald Castillo wrote:
> > I thought there was some kind of support in more modern kernels... I
> > remember seeing some option in xconfig while configuring my kernel which
> > did something like search for ISA PNP cards at boot time. Maybe that will
> > help some?  In any case I'll try to use the other instructions I found.
>
> That stuff depends on drivers being written to support it. I had similar
> problems with my ISDN card which were solved when switching do DSL. It
> might still work with the old isapnp tools. You will however have to change
> the init script a little to run it with a 2.4.x kernel.

Thanks to all for your help! No tweaking was necessary.  There is a kernel
option (can't remember the name) which scans for PnP cards just after
booting, so it detects sooner my card and configures well the IDE port.

Now, curiously, I see it gets configured as ide3, skipping ide2.  Checking I
saw that ide2's IRQ (10 or 11, don't remember now) was taken by USB, but
unloading usb_uhci and rebooting didn't solve the problem, the new ide was
still recognized as ide3, regardless of that all the io ports and the IRQ of
ide2 were free.

Checking in /proc/isapnp I see that the options for ide2 are set as
"alternate" in the ide configuration.  Is there any way I can force the
system to use these?

Thanks again for all the help you've provided so far.

Ronald