make-kpkg install question

  Hello all, between following the list and reading the various man
pages and documentation I'm about ready to try my hand at rolling my
own kernel.  I'm planning on using 'make-kpkg' to do this and the
one item I have not seen (or found an answer for) is an option for
installation into the directories using the version revision.
I'm thinking this will may be the default action, but haven't
seen any mention of it in man pages, or documentation any where.

  For example, I'm currently running 2.2.19, the kernel and related
files are located in /boot/* (vmlinuz has a link to
/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.19) and installed modules are located in
/lib/modules/2.2.19/*

  Is there a specific environment variable or command line option
to set for this, or is that the default action?

 (e.g. Modules: //lib/modules/revision/*
       Kernel & boot files:  /boot/revision/*  )

                   73 de Ramsay, KC2GMW