Problem with fonts in Abiword 1.1.3

Hi,

I downloaded and compiled the development version of
Abiword (1.1.3),
but I keep getting the somewhat famous "AbiWord could
not load the
following font or fontset from the X Window System
display server,
[-*-Times New Roman-regular-r-*-*-*-0-*-*-*-*-*-*]"
message twice and
then Abiword dies.  I've checked that "type1" is in
the modules section
of my XF86Config-4 like abisource's FAQ said to do,
but that didn't
help.

The version of AbiWord that I 'apt-get'ted from
unstable (1.0.4cvs)
works fine, so is there something I can do to get
1.1.3 to work the same
way?  What sort of things were done to debian's 1.0.4
version that
allows it to work?  Thanks in advance,

-Riandi Wiguna