Re: How to get rid of a wrong package?

Are there any dependencies relying on the not-installable package?

When installing libwxgtk2.4 and libwxgtk2.4-python a had a similiar
problem:
- libwxgtk2.4-python replaces libwxgtk2.3-python and depends on libwxgtk2.4
- libwxgtk2.4 does not replace libwxgtk2.3 (which is a failure in the
package)

So ``apt-get install libwxgtk2.4-python'' removed libwxgtk2.3-python and
tried to install libwxgtk2.4, which couldn't be set up properly (due to a
file already claimed by libwxgtk2.3), rendering apt-get in a broken state.

Solution: I had to remove the already installed libwxgtk2.4-python, then
apt forgot about libwxgtk2.4.

Hope my little story helps;-)

greetings
  Johannes Zarl

--
"More than machinery we need humanity" -- Charlie Chaplin, The Great
Dictator