Content-Length header (Was: Some myths regarding apt pinning)

    Adrian> From a security point of view woody + libc6 from unstable is
    Adrian> worse than any other possibility. Consider there's another
    Adrian> security bug in libc6.  The fixed version for stable has a lower
    Adrian> version number than the version on your system and you won't get
    Adrian> the update. This is worse than the situation when you are
    Adrian> running one of stable/unstable/testing:

When the above mail arrives my mailbox, the "From " becomes ">From ".  This
is de-facto standard (for V7 Mailboxes), I know, and is added by procmail.
Unluckily, this happens to MIME contents as well as normal mail contents.
Of course, that won't appear in base64 contents, but quoted-printable has
that.

I know that procmail will avoid escaping "From " with ">" if a
"Content-Length" header appears in the mail.  Unluckily, the mail server
feeding me mails eat all "Content-Length" header.  Anyone know whether there
is a convenient "filter" that can be put in procmail to add a correct
Content-Length header into the mail even if that has not been there before?
("filter" put in quote because I know they can't be "real" filter, but must
instead store the whole message somewhere in order to count the number of
bytes there before going back and rewrite the Content-Length header.)

Regards,
Isaac.