Re: Openafs woes

Thanks for your response. My experience is, in general, that even
long-idle AFS mounts work fine across NAT; the only time this has caused a
problem is when there's a documented drop in connectivity between the
firewall and the AFS server.

I'll work on fs checks and fs flush next time this happens.

As much as I like AFS, I'm impressed that it's really the only reason I
ever have to reboot my machine -- /etc/init.d/openafs-client restart
doesn't work, nor does stop, nor does umount /afs.  That seems like a flaw
in the implementation -- it ought to be possible to stop and restart the
service without a reboot!

Thanks for the nitpick - just reminds me that I don't really understand
the technology I'm using....

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu