debian woody beside suse

Hello Debian  user,

I am planning to install Debian woody as second linux on my computer beside Suse 8.1. I would like to know if debian will recognize the spare 50 GB on my /home directory (in Suse) and create a partition by it own without infering with Suse or if it would be better to resize it and create a new partition for debian with YAST2. If the partitioning would be the better idea, which format do you recommend?
And the second concern I have is the configuration of the boot manager, will debian show up with suse linux as choice when starting up?

thanks for your help, cheers Martin

Werden Sie kreativ! Jetzt HTML-Mails nicht nur schreiben - nein -
GESTALTEN, bei WEB.DE FreeMail! http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021141