Re: KDE 3.0 Package Issues

Greg Madden wrote:

------------------------------STUFF SNIPPED---------------------------
 kdebase: Depends: ksysguard (= 4:3.0.4-1) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

I try to install ksysguard and I get a libsensors dependency issue.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
Curtis

You will have an easier time (and be succesful) if you use 'aptitute' or 'dselect' to do the upgrade.
Try using these instead. I am currently running KDE3.1 rc7 from the uncommented site. So far very few problems. You will also find that the kpackage manager works extremely well when doing upgrades. I would try using the short paragraph below as the /etc/apt/sources.list and do NOT use other debian sites when upgrading KDE. It will go smoother. Best wishes.

# KDE3
#deb http://people.debian.org/~bab/kde3 ./
#deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody ./
#deb http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.4/Debian/woody ./