nvidia driver

Hi,
recently I've purchased a MSI Geforce MX440. X is configured with the
latest nvidia drivers, dualhead (twinview), one monitor 1600x1200 and
the other 1240x1024 with a virtual desktop of 1240x1200, 16bits. It
works great but when I run top I see that X is eating 271Mb or RAM!!! Is
this normal or I'm missing something?

I'm runing debian woody with a custom kernel 2.4.18

Thanks in advance
--
                                  ////
                                 (@ @)