Re: hard crash despite UPS

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, nate wrote:

> Have you tried APC's powerchute? I'm not sure about their recent versions
> but have read one or 2 complaints in the past that they don't work on
> Debian. I keep an older version around which works fine on debian 2.2
> and 3.0 just incase I need to test. I put it here for now:
>
> http://portal.aphroland.org/pc452_glibc.tar.bz2

Hella evil program.  Wish there wasn't a dependency on having X installed
just to talk to the ups.  I have a Smart-UPS 1000XL, with a UX24BP
 battery backup attached.  (weighs about 300 lbs).  It has one of the
snmp boards mounted in the smartslot.

Last I checked, nut and apcupsd didn't support talking to it via network,
so I'm stuck with using powerchute.

Going to be buying a 2200XL with the UX48BP soon.(related to the next
paragraph)

OT: I wish APC's estimator was anything CLOSE to what actual loads are.
APC tried to claim it was because I was using power bars.  The estimated
run time was supposed to be 5-6 hours with the load we have, it's
actually 3.5.  Big difference!

> http://portal.aphroland.org/cgi-bin/nut/multimon.cgi

Do those cyberpower's not have cooling or something?  I haven't heard the
fan shut off on our 1000XL yet.

 Input Voltage    : 113.0 VAC         Operating Frequency : 60.00 Hz
        Output Voltage   : 113.0 VAC         Internal Temperature: 016.6 C
        Load Power       : 077.3 % Watts     Battery Voltage     : 27.67 VDC
        Max Line Voltage : 114.4 VAC         Battery Capacity    : 100.0 %
        Min Line Voltage : 113.0 VAC         Runtime Remaining   : 0208 min

(16.6C is 62F)

Mike