Re: Problems when starting the install of Debian Woody Linux

> Hello,
>
> I've just tried to install the new Debian Woody Linux
> over the old Debian Potato. Having backed up my important
> files I decided to install from scratch as I encountered
> problems when trying to upgrade certain packages (there
> were too many dependencies on old libraries and packages
> that I gave it up).

Debian is one of the few systems which is easily "hot" upgraded.
do you have a lot of 3rd party packages installed on the potato
system? If so this can complicate the upgrade in some circumstances.

The file you attached doesn't give much information. How did you
go about trying to upgrade? or reinstall? did you reformat the
partitions? Did you try doing the apt-get dist-upgrade route ?

I've upgraded about 30 systems from potato to woody, only had 1
problem which was due to flaky memory(took about 20 minutes to
work around, system's been running fine since). Other then that
it's been flawless. Debian has the smoothest upgrading I've ever
used.

what problem(s) are you having specifically when installing?

nate