Re: GNOME == bloatware?

Craig Dickson said on Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 12:08:49PM -0800:
> > Heh.  If I weren't lazy, I'd throw away most of the GNOME stuff... I
> > don't use any of it anymore, and sawfish is unfortunately buggy.
>
> Really? I used sawfish back in the Gnome 1.x days and was happy with it.

I was too... but the more I use it, the more I notice that it has odd
issues.  For example, tooltips don't always work correctly, and
sometimes it gets focus stuck on a window and won't refocus until that
window goes away.  It doesn't happen very often, admittedly, but I don't
want to have to worry about my window manager wigging out in the middle
of the work day.

I do like the idea of a Lisp scriptable Window mangler, though.
Possibly because I'm insane.

> own, and most didn't. Metacity balances these things much better, and
> works pretty well too.

I just like that it's very simple, and appears to work well.