Re: Nautilus problems in latest upgrade of Sid

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 19:10, mkbiyer@sify.com wrote:
> I did an aptitude upgrade a few minutes ago & got my self in sync with the latest debs in Unstable.
>
> 2 problems :
> 1. Nautilus refuses to start.
> Trying to launch it from the command line spews this error :
>
> nautilus:18756): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: \"wonderland\",
> FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
> FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
> FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
> nautilus: relocation error: nautilus: undefined symbol: eel_bonobo_pbclient_set_value_async
>
> here\'s a list of dpkg -l for nautilus :
>
> ii  libnautilus0   1.0.6-8.2      Shared libraries that part of Nautilus
> ii  libnautilus2-2 2.0.8-1        Shared libraries that part of Nautilus (GNOM
> ii  nautilus       2.0.8-1        File manager and graphical shell (GNOME2)
> ii  nautilus-data  2.1.91-1       Development files of Nautilus (GNOME2)
> ii  nautilus-gtkht 0.3.2-6        NautilusView component which embeds a GtkHTM
> rc  nautilus2      2.0.7-1        File manager and graphical shell (GNOME2)

I'm not sure how you got that mix; here's mine from an upgrade last night:

ii  libnautilus2-2 2.1.91-1       Shared libraries that part of Nautilus (GNOM
ii  nautilus       2.1.91-1       File manager and graphical shell (GNOME2)
ii  nautilus-data  2.1.91-1       Development files of Nautilus (GNOME2)
ii  nautilus-gtkht 0.3.2-6        NautilusView component which embeds a GtkHTM
ii  libeel2-2      2.1.91-1       Eazel Extensions Library (for GNOME2)
ii  libeel2-data   2.1.91-1       Eazel Extensions Library - data files (for G

Do you have any of the nautilus dependencies on hold?  Anyway you should
look at purging libnautilus0 (it's from gnome 1.4) and nautilus2
(replaced by nautilus).  You should also look at the recent archives
from debian-gtk-gnome, there's some discussion about fam errors this
morning.

--
First Impressions are Bunk.