Re: autofs vs amd: Is there a preference?

on Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:45:30PM -0600, Hanasaki JiJi wrote about Re: autofs vs amd:  Is there a preference?:
> anyone have a config for amd to automount home dirs?  off redundant
> hostnames?
>
> in amd, when fileserver:/exports/[export1] is automounted, the
> files/dirs in [export1] are accessable but not viewable in a "ls" Any
> way to change this?

No. This is just how the automounter works. Can you imagine what kind
of a "mount-storm" you would have if someone just used an ls, or tab
completion in the parent directory (in your case /mnt/dir1)? FYI, the
O'Reilly book "Managing NFS and NIS" explains this quite well.

--
lenaerts.frank@pandora.be

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer