Re: autofs vs amd: Is there a preference?

hi ya robert

> on Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:07:41PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote about autofs vs amd:  Is there a preference?:
> >

> > I'm looking at my automount situation and wondering.  Is one going
> > away?  Which is the "way to go" for automounting, amd or autofs?

autofs vs amd   is like tinydns vs bind  or  exim vs sendmail
( its does it do the minimum you need or is it loaded w/ unused features

one thing that both is missing is "multi-homed servers"
	if www1.foo.com is down, than it uses www2.foo.com or www3.foo.com
	but at least one can do all that in other tools

	its more critical for your home/user's servers on your local lan

use autofs ... simple answer

c ya
alvin