Re: autofs vs amd: Is there a preference?

on Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:07:41PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote about autofs vs amd:  Is there a preference?:

> I'm looking at my automount situation and wondering.  Is one going
> away?  Which is the "way to go" for automounting, amd or autofs?

I don't know if one is going away, but I prefer to use autofs, which
uses a hybrid kernel/user space approach, while amd is purely user
space (symlinks). A good description of the differences can be found
in O'Reilly's "Managing NFS and NIS", Chapter 9, section "Inside the
automounter".

--
lenaerts.frank@pandora.be

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer