Re: autofs vs amd: Is there a preference?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:07:41PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> I'm looking at my automount situation and wondering.  Is one going
> away?  Which is the "way to go" for automounting, amd or autofs?

I think that autofs is currently the preferred method. Whether or not
you choose to agree with the preferred method is up to you, for example
knfsd seems to be the preferred NFS server these days and I've had fewer
problems with the old userland server.

autofs seems to be in better shape than knfsd, though. I've used it
quite a bit over the past few years, and the only time I ever had
problems was when I played with using it to mount removable media.
autofs was vastly more reliable than the automounters on HP-UX or
Digital UNIX.

--
Michael Heironimus