Re: Burning a CD without ide-scsi

Hi,

Rus Foster <rghf@fsck.me.uk> writes:

> Hi All,
> I've always burnt CD's using ide-scsi and xcdroast. However I'm wondering
> is there a way I can burn CD's onto my IDE burner without using SCSI
> emulation?

Just by chance, I found some information. It is possible with the
experimental kernel 2.5. From
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt

[...]
CD Recording.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Jens Axboe added the ability to use DMA for writing CDs on
  ATAPI devices. Writing CDs should be much faster than it
  was in 2.4, and also less prone to buffer underruns and the like.
- Updated cdrecord in rpm and tar.gz can be found at
  *.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/axboe/tools/
- With the above tools, you also no longer need ide-scsi in order to use
  an IDE CD writer.
[...]

Best regards,

Jaume