From: Matt Price [mailto:matt.price@utoronto.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 7:35 AM
To: debian users
Subject: firewire / hfs volumes (continued)

sorry about the last message

I run debian woody at work, and macos 9 at home.  I'd like to start backing
up both systems on an external ieee1394 drive (not yet purchased).  I have
two questions:

-does woody (running on x86) work stably with hfs volumes?  I seem to
remember there were some issues areound it. -If I get one large drive (I'm
thinking 160gb) will woody be able to  see all of it?  I know that there
used to be some problems with the  mac around large drives, but haven't
found anything about linux  andthis problem.
- (I guess this is 3) how would folks recommend I initialize and  partition
the drive?  From my mac, or from my woody box?

Thanks as always for your help!
matt