Re: Desktop productivity with Debian GNU/LINUX

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:33:22 -0800 (PST)
"nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

> I don't believe your a good candidate for using debian on the
> desktop. Perhaps SuSE, Mandrake or Xandros, despite being more
> propritary(sp), they are a step in the right direction(towards more
> openness) compared to most other platforms.

Mandrake is not more proprietary its an entirely Free Software distro,
all Mandrake code is released under the GPL.

cheers,
Alaa
--
get my PGP/GPG signature at
http://www.geocities.com/alaaov/pub_key.txt

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we
ourselves possess.
        -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]